Cutting a watermelon can get messy and slippery. We’re often left with mismatched shapes and sizes and it can feel as if a lot of the watermelon gets wasted and thrown out with the rind! Well, fear not, this is the perfect way to cut a watermelon into cubes with hardly ANY waste.
Watermelon is more than just delicious and refreshing. This melon is chock full of Vitamin A, C, and amino acids to help increase your circulation and reduce muscle soreness. The health benefits don’t end there. Watermelon can reduce high blood pressure in post-menopausal women and its superstar antioxidant, lycopene, helps to prevent and treat prostate cancer.
Use watermelon cubes in salads, on skewers with feta and mint, or freeze them and blend them into smoothies. They make the perfect summer snack! *Pro tip: Chill your watermelon in the fridge before slicing.
Follow the instructions and step-by-step photos below.
Watermelon Slicing – Easy Way to Cut A Watermelon
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: 1 watermelon, cubed
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ripe watermelon
- 1 knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 bowl
- Cut watermelon in half, crosswise.
- Place each half cut side down on the cutting board.
- Slice each half lengthwise and then crosswise, creating a grid. You’ll have lots of rectangle pieces.
- Take each rectangle piece and slice of the rind. Cut each rectangle into cubes.
- Place in bowl and enjoy or store in airtight container in freezer.