Gout is a painful condition that is characterized by the production of an excessive amount of uric acid in the joints.
These increased levels of uric acid lead to gout, but not right away. Usually, uric acid levels are raised, for a period of 20 to 30 years before they cause any problem. And that is why gout usually occurs in middle-aged and older people.
Thanks to the kidneys, uric acid is usually filtered and excreted through the urine.
So, when kidneys don’t work properly the high levels of uric acid turn to urate crystals and accumulate in the joints, causing inflammation and intense pain of a gout attack.
If you are having a hard time dealing with this condition and don’t want to rely on pharmaceutical pills for the rest of your life, you can try the following recipe.
Powerful gout fighting juice recipe
The powerful healing and anti-inflammatory properties of these foods can help relieve the symptoms of gout the same way non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) would.
- One pineapple
- 1 to 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ginger powder, or 1 inch off of a fresh ginger root
- One cup of tart cherry juice
-Raw, organic honey (optional)
- Cut the skin off of the pineapple. Make sure to use the stem of the pineapple that’s where you will find the highest concentration of bromelain.
- Slice the pineapple into chunks that are roughly the same size and toss them in your food processor or blender. Blend until they are evenly mashed up.
- Pour in 1 cup of tart cherry juice, and then sprinkle in the turmeric and ginger.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 10 days. Consume the drink every day.
- And whenever you pour yourself a glass, you can add honey to taste if you’d like.