Do you drink soy milk? Many people believe it is a much healthier option than regular milk since it has even been recommended by many nutritionists for regular consumption. However, the claim that it’s good for your health is far from the truth.
Recently, it was proven that soy and soy milk can have a harmful effect on our overall health, but besides these discoveries, people in the US keep eating soy and drinking soy milk, thinking these products are nutritious and healthy.
Let’s look at some of the facts why soy milk can wreak havoc on your organism and destroy your health.
Initially, we should review the ingredients of soymilk:
Soymilk (Filtered Water, Whole Soybeans), Sea Salt, Carrageenan, Cane Sugar, Vitamin A Palmitate, Natural Flavor, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12, Calcium Carbonate.
Why you should avoid soy milk
- Soybeans have haemagglutinin, which is a clot-promoting substance that causes clumping of the red blood cells.
- Another constituent of this plant is phytoestrogens (plant estrogen), which impedes the endocrine function and has been related to female infertility and breast cancer.
- Soy foods are known to abound in toxic aluminum, which has a damaging effect on the kidneys, the nervous system and have also been related to the incidence of Alzheimer’s.
- Soybeans are rich in natural toxins or “anti-nutrients”, so the consumption of only 2 glasses a day greatly changes the menstrual cycle.
- The production process involves high temperatures in order to get soy protein isolate and textured soy protein out of delicate soy proteins. These conditions can seriously harm your health.
- Scientific studies have shown that the consumption of soy increases your body’s need for vitamin D and B12.
- Soy includes toxic isoflavones, genistein, and daidzein, which support the growth of breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer.
- Soy is one of the most pesticide-contaminated food, so 99 percent of it is GMO.
- A compound in soy is similar to vitamin B12, which is not processed in the body, so soy foods contribute to the deficiency of this vitamin.
- Soy and soy products contain large amounts of phytic acid, which prevents the digestion of copper, iron, zinc, calcium and magnesium.
The dangers of carrageenan present in soy milk
A number of scientific studies have shown that the food grade carrageenan in soy milk can cause lesions, ulcerations, gastrointestinal inflammation, and colon cancer in lab rats, which is quite concerning. Furthermore, recent studies funded by the American Diabetes Association have related the consumption of carrageenan to glucose intolerance and insulin resistance in mice.
All of the above-mentioned facts should be enough to convince you that soy and soy products have an extremely detrimental effect on your overall health which is why you need to stop consuming them immediately.