We are living in a modern world, where everything goes fast, the time flies and we all live fast lifestyle. But WAIT – modern doesn’t have to mean it’s healthy. Sometimes we don’t have enough time to rest, cook proper food or sleep enough. And we all know that sleep is extremely important for all of us.
YES, we can’t do anything right without proper goodnight sleep. When we sleep, we are recharging our batteries. Sleeping is extremely important for our health in general. It’s important for your body, your mind and every vital function in your body. If we sleep more, we can be more productive and we can finish our everyday tasks without any problems.
The million-dollar question – how many hours do you have to sleep, according to your age? According to the different stages of development, these are the recommended hours of sleep:
- Newborn (0 to 3 months): 14 to 17 hours.
- Babies (4 to 11 months): 12 to 15 hours.
- Children (1-2 years): 11 to 14 hours.
- Preschool (3-5 years): 10 to 13 hours.
- School age (6-13 years): 9 to 11 hours.
- Teens (14 to 17): 8 to 10 hours.
- Youth (18-25 years): 7 to 9 hours.
- Adults (26-64 years): 7 to 9 hours.
- Seniors (over 65 years): 7 to 8 hours.
NOTE: these are not the exact hours. So everyone has its own way to determine the number of hours his body needs. But the number of sleep below the recommended hours of sleep can increase the changes of health problems.
And, one last thing – here are some useful tips and tricks that can help you improve your sleep. We highly recommend reading a good book before going to bed. Or you can do these things as well. It will help you sleep much better and wake up refreshed and full of energy.
- Exercise every day
- Don’t watch TV 1 hour before going to sleep
- Avoid alcohol
- Don’t drink coffee before bedtime
- Develop a healthy bedtime routine
- Stay within your schedule
- Get a nice mattress and a pillow that suits you